Nice implementation! I have good memories of playing bridge with my grandparents so it was fun to play a bit again. :-)
Contract bridge has recently fallen out of favour—which is a shame because, once understood, it is a highly strategic card game.
With two players, bridge is one of the few co-operative card games. Playing on your own, bridge plays with no time pressure and works well in a window.
Free Bridge features:
- A user-friendly user-first implementation of bridge
- Moderately challenging single-player play
- Co-operative network play for two players over mubridge.net
- Lightweight thin-client versions to get you or your partner up-and-running quickly
- Full documentation, tutorial and scoring explanations
- Optional choice of bidding agents
I hope to eventually release an enhanced version with more features. But for the moment this should provide some cheap thrills.
- Windows itch.io app users please download WebView2 via your web browser (lest itch decides WebView2 is an itch app)
- Ubuntu's Software Install will not install .deb packages from Firefox's download directory (not ever) - move to your home directory and retry
- The software checks for a local server on several ports and the help files mention a local game server - regrettably the installer for the local server is not available at this time 😢