Funny Games is a crowdsourced popular-culture trivia game made for Mini Jam 78.
Not surprisingly for a game made in 48 hours, the game is still more a prototype and features only 10 questions. But the answers to those questions change rapidly - partially dependent on unmoderated pseudononymous submissions.
Players can submit new false suggestions at the end to trick future players - the bad guy limitation for the Jam.
- I built it in 48 hours
- It seems to run
- It features a new twist on trivia
- It may play on mobile
- I learnt stuff
- Sometimes the answers trick me because they change each play-through
- It turns out if you build a better trivia game, what you have at the end is still a trivia game
- It's not inclusive because it is really only for English-speaking players - it's not inclusive in other ways too 😔
- I still fret my reverse Missile Command idea was a better idea
- Still a massive crunch I associate with all game jams and/or hackathons
- I still feel guilty about the zings in this (sorry Moby; Michael Haneke I feel would respect my opinion)
- HTML screen size issues - can you ever get it right?
What you should know...
- You can moderate posts in the "Results of Evil" page
- The system tries to limit the player's evilness so the game remains playable and not too offensive (fingers crossed)
What is unknown...
- How the crowdsourcing bit works out
Fontawesome.com, LittleRainySeasons (Freesound), Unadamlar (Freesound), Sardin (Bigsoundbank), Tobias Ashlin (text effects), LetsEncrypt.org (last-minute SSL certificate to make this work)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.