Skiing Game is a skiing game and a submission to Mini Jam 86: Sports. In it you play an alien who has come down to Earth to indulge his dream of being a competitive skier at a range of misspelled ski resorts. It is an ode to one of the greatest skiing games of all-time Ingemar Ragnemalm's Skiing Game for Mac OS.
- Ct.js delivered - yet again!
- Abandoning the Greed theme. Although it saved oodles of time in The Fall - it just wasn't working for this project and abandoning it partially salvaged the graphics. The skier himself was too difficult to replace and remains an alien.
- Ketsa's peppy Bless-Ups really adds to the skiing and takes the pressure off. Netalloy's Glacier sort of saves the graphics. Without etchings, I may have given up on itch.io development at this point.
- For an idea that was abandoned to pursue The Fall, the game actually turned out alright.
- It turns out you can't just rotate a skier sprite and get a half-decent result...but I didn't know that at the start.
- The controls proved more difficult than expected and there's only mouse support for this one: so no mobile yet 😞.
- For some reason the pole tipping was really hard to nail.
- The national flags were the last thing added and were very much rushed.
The credit list for this one is normal size!
- Ketsa produced Bless-Ups - the sound track (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
- Cosmo Myzrail Gorynych produced the engine Ct.js (MIT license) and the alien upon which the skier is based (CC0)
- Huerta Tipográfica produced Gochi Hand (OFL) and Vernon Adams, Jacques Le Bailly, Botjo Nikoltchev and Ani Petrova produced the excellent Pacifico (OFL)
- Pan14 recorded the beep (CC0), theusernameis recorded the penalty beep (CC0), justinvoke recorded the countdown sound (CC BY 3.0), InspectorJ recorded the wood-breaking crash (CC BY 3.0), Mattleschuck recorded the success chime (CC0), deleted_user_2104797 recorded the crack we use for a pole fall (CC0), lonemonk recorded the applause (CC BY 3.0), Sardin recorded the click (CC0)
- Netalloy drew glacier, harmonic drew a tree, floEdelmann a wooden sign and Viscious-Speed drew a peacock girl border, Anthony Gaudino organised the flags and Firkin drew the medals.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.